GriefHope

Help for today & Hope for tomorrow

I have never felt so alone. It's been almost 2 months since I lost the love of my life unexpectedly. As I've watched everyone move on and their lives return to normal I feel empty and abandoned. I do not have a normal to return to it doesn't exist anymore. And I don't want a New Normal.

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sandy Prendergast said:

I understand about your loneliness. It has been over a year since my husband of 44 years died and I am still so very lonely and have that empty feeling inside. I am blessed to have one adult son and that does help but his life is so busy, so he has little time for me which I understand.  I have tried many things to make a new life but it is very hard and stressful for me. The best thing I have done is adopt a shelter puppy who is now about a year old. Walking at local parks has also been a help for me the movement and nature soothes me in some way. A good friend who had lost her husband said to me do what you need to do to make it through the day. So I still take it one day at a time and do my best. Still agonizing at time.

Sorry learning how to reply here..My husband of 36 years passed this March and Im still in shock. I feel like my brain is gone,,,then every once in awhile I feel "me" and i get scared....

I m working on hour by hour. We were married 21 years and had our anniversary just a couple weeks before he passed. We started dating in high school so have been together over 30 yrs. I have no idea how to be just me. I have a 16 ur old boy and a 19 yr old girl and it feels like we tiptoe around each other and everyone else. People at work aske me all the time "so you're better now right?!" No. I'm not. Then they don't know what to say and I'm alone again.
I completely understand what you are going through. Unfortunately I am going through the same thing. I am finding it harder to fake happy. My husband passed away this past May.
Melissa, I'm 43. Me and Keith were also together for 16 years. He passed away April 4th of this year. Exactly 2 weeks on life support, 1 week after my birthday. It didn't matter how many people around me, I felt a loneliness like I've never felt before and that nobody understood until I started talking to people who had lost their other half like me. People at work I could see started to not know what to do or say to me. I became the sad girl that everyone felt for but didn't know what to say. So I'm very familiar with the fake happy and breaking down every time I was alone. Now I'm the strong one...if they only knew...
Yes exactly how I feel. And here I thought it was just me. It is hard getting used to be alone again after 16 year with the same man.
The house feels so empty without him there. And going to work each day knowing he won't be home when I get there. I'm just lost. He passed April 23 and I still can't stop crying.
I'm feeling very alone right now.I got up this morning and came out to kitchen to start the coffee.Im still not use to him not being here saying GM babe. Don't think I ever will

Has the death of your husbands brought you closer to your faith or are you having a hard time understanding what the hell i did to deserve this pain...Karrna.....am I evil or have caused so much pain to the people I have known...did i go to Hell again...

I've never had much faith to begin with. I know I'm a good person and I know I have coin in the good karma bank.I am just sad, lonely, and angry all rolled into one. I'm not close to my family so I can't talk to them
Haven't lost my faith but my will to move forward. I still pray everyday but also ask what did I do wrong that he was taken from me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Judy Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service