GriefHope

Help for today & Hope for tomorrow

My father passed from suicide July 2014. Looking for someone to help my mum

Hi everyone,

Sadly my family lost my father last year to suicide after a pretty quiet fight against depression.

I am looking for others to talk to in the same situation but more looking to connect with wives/husbands

who have lost their spouse to help my mother talk to someone she feels would understand.

Please don't be shy in contacting me

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tiona,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father ... it is very noble of you to try to find someone for your mother to talk with while you're grieving yourself.  Communication is key to grief recovery so you're doing a great thing.  Please reach out to anyone here on this site as we've all been in your shoes.  You can look into a local grief group for your mom through www.GriefShare.org

Reach out to other members through the Network, Member Blogs and Forum Chats.  The chat room tends to have more people in it at night.  The Home Page has some good Blog Posts too.  I pray the resources here provide Help for Today & Hope for Tomorrow.  You take good care of yourself.  You sound like a special young woman.

God bless,

Judy

Founding member 

I wish so much that I could be helpful.  My dad took his life August 2014 and I know my mom is struggling deeply. The only thing we can do is to make sure they do not feel isolated or alone.  I know my mom is trying to put on a brave face for my sake, but I constantly remind her that we're all in this awful time together and to vent whenever necessary.  I agree with Judy, my mom has attended suicide loss specific grief support groups.  I recommend those, because normal grief support groups can still feel very isolating.

https://www.afsp.org/coping-with-suicide-loss/find-support/find-a-s...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Judy Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service