GriefHope

Help for today & Hope for tomorrow

My dad died a year ago to an overdose

I can’t remember who I am since he died, I find it almost impossible to talk about it with my family

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for your loss of your dad. I'm here for the loss of my brother, in 2014 he went missing, I knew then that would be not good. His car was found near a lake and his body recovered three days later in the lake. Life changed FOREVER and is a profound loss without him here. I understand what you mean when you say you can't talk to your family, I feel the same way, that's why I search the internet for group forums to join and express my thoughts. Though if no one responds, it still helps to say what's on my mind.
((( Hugs))) to you friend.

Hi Nick. I am sorry for your loss. My dad died of cardiac arrest on March 20th this year. I am so confused and upset and angry and ok for moments and then it starts all over again. Very hard to talk to family as I am the one who holds it together and they need that from me. Is this the case with you? Here if you want to talk.

So sorry for your loss. My son died this month to an overdose. I would suggest therapy if it is affordable to you. I'm in therapy myself. I know in time it will help... it helped me to cope with my son's addiction prior to his passing. I'm struggling real hard with his loss. I'm pissed, I'm not sure if I believe in God (and if he's real he can go you know what himself), and I'm just absolutely bitter.

You're not alone. I've done a lot of reaching out for help myself. There are resources out there in your community, but you have to be brave enough to reach out. Despite my lack of faith in God, there are churches that do grief counseling, which I'm going to do. I won't pretend to not be a hot mess right now, but the truth is that it's really best to reach out and ask for help.

I wrote this song on guitar after my brothers' suicide......"When a part of you dies, its hard to know who you are."  4 years ago today and I still can't really play the song all the way thru without crying. Im lucky enough to have a close sister thats equally devastated that i can talk to.  Not our parents or anyone else.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Judy Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service